CALL FOR PAPERS: "THE TRANSACTIONS"
Dr. Erich Berendt and Professor Kei Yamanaka, Editors
The Transactions editorial committee welcomes the submission of research papers, short papers, essays, brief reports or commentaries to the editors, and book reviews by September 1, 2019. Now in its 147th year of publication, The Transactions has contained papers from the following fields as related to Japan:
Sociology, Anthropology, and Ethnology
Government, Politics, and Law
Economics and Business
Mythology, Religion, and Philosophy
Art and Technology
How to Submit Your Paper
All submissions should be e-mailed to the Editors (firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com) with the subject line “Transactions Manuscript."
Please follow the guidelines, below:
• Manuscripts should be submitted in an MS Word file (12-point Times New Roman) or a text file.
• Full papers should be under 12,000 words, including an abstract (~200 words) and a list of key words or phrases.
• Short papers, essays, brief reports or commentaries to the editors, and book reviews should be under 6,000 words. An abstract and key words are not required.
• Please incude a brief biography of the author (under 100 words).
• For issues not covered in this guide, please refer to the APA style book.
Research papers will be reviewed in two stages, first by the editorial committee, and if deemed necessary by blind peer review. Notification of acceptance will be made within four weeks of submission.
ASJ can only accept submissions under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International Public License. More information about the agreement can be found here: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/legalcode
ASJ YOUTUBE CHANNEL
ASJ is now on YouTube. See highlights of Mr. Edward Suzuki's address to ASJ at the Annual Lecture for 2019:
REMINDER: MEMBERSHIP RENEWALS
May we remind Members who have not yet renewed their membership for this year to please do so by remitting your subscription amount to one of ASJ's accounts. The table of fees can be found by pressing the "JOIN" button at the top of this page:
• PayPal: On the PayPal site, enter the beneficiary "firstname.lastname@example.org" or use paypal.me/asjapan
• Postal transfer to Japan Postal Account No. 00120-0-167991
• Bank transfer to MUFG Bank [三菱UFJ銀行], Aoyama-dori Branch, Ordinary Account No. 1048353
• Payment by U.S. dollar cheque is also acceptable